I was doing some work at home late last night when my wife said “You’ve been tagged.” For us “tag” is a code word meaning “You are now 100% responsible for the children.” I looked at her, thought about the fact that the kids were both in bed and asleep, and replied, “Uh, . . . OK.” She then smiled and said “You have no idea what I’m talking about do you?” I’ve learned that this is the type of question that can get you in trouble if you answer wrong, so I stalled for time and said, “Huh?” She then explained about Ian’s post.
Here we go:
- I married the girl next door. OK, she was really the girl downstairs and we were in our twenties when I rented the apartment upstairs (from her dad, no less). I call this close enough to the ‘girl next door’. As I write this, I’m upstairs and she’s downstairs. We’ve long since moved but some things haven’t changed.
- In the car, I only listen to AM talk radio and geeky podcasts. I listen to a lot of music but the only music radio station I’ve tuned into years is WMVY. Thanks to the internet I don’t have to to to Cape Cod to listen.
- I taught myself to use biodfeedback / meditation to cure frequent cases of the hiccups. I figured that if Buddhist monks can do this to lower their heart rate I should be able to control spasms in my diaphragm. It worked the first time I tried it and has been near 100% effective. Since I’ve learned this technique, it only takes me about 30 seconds to rid myself of the hiccups and I don’t have to drink water upside down.
- The last time my face was completely clean shaven was during Ronald Reagan’s first term as president. I sport the common goatee / moustache combination that is called a Van Dyck.
- My license plate reads “PRRT-HD”. It was a gift from ‘the girl next door’ when I celebrated A Pirate Looks at Forty day. It came with an inflatable shark, a cheesburger, a margarita and a change in attitude.
I’m not going to tag anyone else, at least for now, because I’m behind in my blog reading and I don’t want to tag someone twice.